Do-able updos: perfection from every angle
Every bride spends months choosing her dress and not nearly enough time on her hair, even though it is an important decision that could complement the dress beautifully. This can be the same for the wedding guests who carefully pick out their Mini Dresses from places such as Umay and then forget to book in with the hairdressers for styling before the big day.
If you’re trying to stick to a budget, doing it yourself could be an option, so we’ve pulled together some of the best wedding hair styles to help complete your look.
The Twisted Bun
This is a great style for “dressing up” with flowers or diamantes, and it’s one of the easiest styles to do. This works well with hair that hasn’t been washed for a couple of days.
- Prep your hair using a texturising spray and divide in half down the back.
2. Tie the sections in a knot, as if you were tying shoelaces.
3. With one section pointing down to the right, secure the hair in a twist, then twist the second section in the other direction and pin in place.
4. Finally, tease the crown to perfect the shape of your hairdo and spray it.
The Side Ponytail
This is another style that works best with day-old hair.
- Part your hair on one side and backcomb the top quarter.
2. Brush the top layer gently to smooth it on top without brushing out the backcombed section.
3. Pin the backcombed section at the back of your head and pull your hair into a low ponytail.
4. Add some texture and interest by “roughing up” your hair a little with your fingers. This style looks better when it’s slightly messy.
The Twist And Pin
If your hair is curly, this stylish twist on the timeless French roll could be the perfect style.
- Pin back the front section and fringe to give a little height.
2. Take a small section from either side and twist together at the back.
3. Twist the already twisted section around a finger and secure into a small bun with pins.
4. Take another two sections and repeat the twists until all hair is pinned into line down the back of your head.
Add decoration or a veil, and get yourself to the church on time!